Saturday, July 30, 2011

Deadwood work

Today I decided to make the deadwood on an olive and maple a little better.

New pot

This little sprice got a new pot. And what a fine pot it is, the potter is Brian Albright. Now I need to rewire and restyle the spruce. After I do that I will post a better photo.

Getting ready for exhibition

It's slowly time to get ready for the up comming exhibits. Bleaching deadwood, cleaning life veans, final adjustments on the crown...

Thinning out

A year after collecting I decided it is time to thin the foilage out so the sun could reach the more inner parts of the crown. After the procedure I must have removed a half of the green, but the spruce is still dense.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Updated & Upgraded

From the last report on this pine, the tree has changed dramaticly. In a good way. I have adjusted the angle of the tree and brought the lowest branch closer to the trunk.
Next spring the pine goes in a better pot.

This photo below was taken March this year. The change is obvious.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Something from nothing

Yesterday I styled a scots pine which branches were very very long and foilage only at the end of them. With extreme (and maby exagorated) twisting I managed to make a decent bonsai.
For sale - cheap. Hight: 30 cm from pot rim.
More info: nikart.rozman(a)