As I mentioned yesterday, this weekend we had another session with the Italian bonsai school Progetto futuro. The trees are getting better and better, our knowlage is getting bigger and the company is always the best. This time the topic was deadwood.
I spent the two days carving two big stumps on my urban yamadori taxus which I got about three years ago from a gas station.
I got lots of tips from Tommaso Triossi. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Today I had to do some minor works on my first ever collected yamadori larch. I only had to use some shorter pieces of wire for some detailed work. By the way, this one is for sale (info on firstname.lastname@example.org ). Last photo as of 2006.
This time a few words about a shohin itoigawa juniper. I got it in December 2009. (I bought it at -8°C in Italy.)
This is how it looked the next spring after repotting.
In Summer I styled it for the first time.
Then, I left it grow freely for a whole year. Below you can see how it looked in Autumn 2011
Yesterday I decided to do another styling and repotting.
This is how the juniper looks out now. This pot isn't final. So isn't the angle of the tree in the pot. On the last photo you can see how I plan to plant the shohin into the final pot next year. Stay tuned...
Like previous years I had to remove the old leves on my azalea and olive bonsai one more time. The leves would fall off on their own eventually, but since I have these bonsai indoors I decided to do this myself.
Today I delt with a prunus mahaleb. I had to remove all unneccesary branches, clean the natural shari, reveal the nebari and so one. I will know how I will make the final design after I repot it in the spring.