Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New stand - finished

The promissed pictures.

And just another pic from my flowering olive.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New stand

Today I took some of my time to put a new stand for my bonsai together.

First thing to doo was to dig a hole, whitch I actually drilled. I had some help too. :)

Just some more paint needed.

Pictures of the finished stand will come tomorrow.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bee invasion

This is the first time this year I see this much bees on one spot. Maby it is turning to better. Or there's just a new apiary in the naberhood.

Flowering olive

My olive doesn't blossom actually but the plants beneeth it do.

Vagrancy in the mountains

The hunt for mugo pines has begun !

Allredy the second snake this year.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Special technicque on my azalea

I had spend a lot of time thinking hoh to grow a side branche on a main branch on my azalea
I came up with a nice special technicque.

First I removed all the leves from the chosen little branch.
And masured its thickness.
Then I drilled a hole into the main branch.
And after that I guess you know how it goes.
A bit of cut paste.
And some wire for suport.
I hope it will grow nicely. We'll see next year.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Making deadwood

Allthough spring styling season isover, the time to shape deadwood in now right. Interesting that summer is the best time to do that.

First I did some work on a scots pine - pinus sylvestris. I had to make nice deadwood from two stumps left from two branches and from a very ugly bump in the mittle of the trunk.

The bump after working on it.

A new jin made.

As the second one in a row a took a larch - larix decidua. On that one I made quite a big jin.
Incredible. The wood is still wet after more then one year.
Part II: Working with fire to burn all the remains and give the wood a more naturall look.
Befor and after.
And for last I finished the jins and shari on the yew I had on the workshop with Enrico Savini.

After working with a fire torch you have to brush the wood with a metal brush to clean up and add some stripes.

For the finish everithing has to be painted with lime sulphour to give it the white look.

All (or most) of this yet isn't finished. I will give it a final touch in a few months when the wood is totally dry and the details will be easier to make.