Saturday, May 15, 2010

The disclosure

The time has come for me to show you my chinese juniper. Some of you might have seen it in the exhibition in Ljubljana the past weekend.
I got it last february in Italy. When I brought it home, I cleaned the bark, cut all the dead branches and preserve the shari with lime solphour.


After a month or so I did the necessary repotting. For a smaller schock to the tree I put it in a bit bigger pot since I planed to style it the same year.



After the repotting I gave the juniper a few months of rest and then in April started to style it. I had to clean the crown bend and wire and wire.




After five hours of wiring, the time for shaping finally came.




The look after the first styling.


Then the whole year I left it to grow freely and in autumn I allready had to remove the wire.


This spring I repotted it again, but this time into its final pot from Isabelia. As you can see quite some new capilary roots grew.




After repotting.


Then came the time to rewire again and prepare the tree for the exhibition in Ljubljana.



And that is the tree you could see live on the exhibit last weekend. I am very pleased with the look - How couldn't I be. That was the making of one of the best bonsai in Slovenia.
Now I just need to work on the crown and make it denser.


No comments: